This article covers how to properly install or remove a SIM card in the following phones:
- A13 LTE
- A13 5G
- A14 5G (press here to skip to the bottom of this article)
- A32 (press here to skip to the bottom of this article)
If you have an XCover Pro and need to install the SIM card, see this article: SIM Card Installation XCover
NOTE: These instructions are the only way to get the ICCID and verify the correct SIM slot for the A12.
With the SIM card out of the phone, you can get the ICCID, which is the 20-digit number on the card.
To get the ICCID and see which slot the SIM card is in before opening the SIM tray, see this article: Primary Device Identifiers
Things you'll need:
- Your phone
- The SIM tool that came in the box. (If you don't have this, a small paperclip will also work)
1. Start by turning your phone off and removing the case.
2. Locate the SIM card tray on the left edge of your phone.
3. Slowly insert the SIM tool (or paper clip) into the small hole below the tray until it ejects and then slide the tray out.
4. Arrange the SIM card in the middle slot (SIM 1) with the gold contacts facing down. There's a little notch in the SIM card's corner that ensures it only fits one way.
5. Slide the tray into the phone until it stops and power the phone back on.
6. Make a test call to confirm the phone is working.
If you have an A14 5G, the SIM tray will look like this when correctly installed. Note that it only has a slot for one SIM card.
If you have an A32, the SIM tray will look like this when correctly installed. Note that it only has a slot for one SIM card.