This article provides step-by-step instructions on how to put in the request and remove the Troomi OS on the Troomi phone.
Put in the request:
To start the process of removing the Troomi OS you will need to submit a ticket or give us a call to remove the Troomi OS. You can submit a ticket in the parent portal or by sending an email to email@example.com. You can also call our experience desk to work with an agent on the phone at (866) 545-4222.
Please be advised that there is a $29.95 Troomi OS Removal Service Charge that will be charged to the card on file.
Information you will need:
To remove the Troomi OS from your device, you will need the following information:
- Authorization to charge the card on file the $29.95 Troomi OS Removal Service Charge.
- The Security PIN that you established when you purchased the phone (If you have forgotten your PIN, it can be changed in the Account Section of the Parent Portal).
- A written formal statement asking for Troomi KidSmart OS to be removed from the phone.
- The device IMEI is found in Settings > About phone section of the phone. (If possible, sending a photo is best).
You can find more detailed instructions for finding the IMEI.
Removing the Troomi OS:
Once all the information is given to an agent they will send the request to our escalation team to remove the Troomi OS. The agent will then contact you back once the Troomi OS is removed. The agent will also mention to do a factory reset on the phone. Once the factory reset is complete the Troomi OS will be fully removed from the Troomi phone.
Here are the steps to Factory Reset your device:
- Go to Settings > About > Reset
- Choose Factory Reset
- Tap OK
- Tap Delete All
This may take 3-5 minutes. Please be patient.