Smartphones often have limited storage memory and that space is always filling with images, videos, and texts. If available memory space becomes too low, it is difficult or even impossible for updates to install, add new images, etc. In many cases the phone could begin acting erratically. So, it is important to occasionally clean up old and unwanted files.
Luckily, there are some easy to use tools that can help you manage your storage space.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Remove unused apps
1. Go to My files, scroll down and tap Analyze Storage
2. Scroll down to see a list of unused apps
3. Use the Parent Portal to remove unwanted Apps from the phone
Note: Allow data access for My Files in Setting if prompted
Empty the trash
When files are deleted, they are not immediately removed from storage. Instead, they go to the Trash, where you could potentially recover for some period of time. You can empty the trash to immediately recover the space.
1. Go to My files, scroll down and tap Trash
2. Tap Edit at the top of the screen
3. Select individual files to delete or tap All to select all files and tap Delete
Search for Large Files
Here is some additional information to help you find large files faster.
To see the file size:
- Select the Layout icon
- The file size will be displayed on the right
To sort by size:
- Select the Sort by icon
- Select Size
- Your files will be sorted in ascending order with the largest on top.