You may occasionally run into error messages or issues with the Dialer. The easiest fix is to reinstall it.
- Long press the Dialer (1) and select Uninstall (2)
- Select OK
Wait a minute or so and the app will reinstall itself.
If you don't want to wait:
- Put the phone to sleep by quickly pressing the Power button to turn the screen off
- Press Power to wake it up and then unlock the phone, if necessary
- This forces the phone to check for any missing apps and reinstall the Dialer
Once the Dialer app is back on the phone, open it and set the following:
Note: Until these permissions are set, the Dialer may prompt you to set them each time the app opens.
- Do Not Disturb Permission
- After reinstalling, this will show automatically the first time the app is run
- Scroll to and select Dialer (1) and then Allow (2)
- Tap Back
- Default Dialer
- Select Dialer (1) and then Set as default (2)
Once your contacts show up, select one to make a test call (make sure it's someone who won't mind an unexpected visit) and set the following:
Note: You may not be prompted to set the Dialer app to make and receive calls and the call may go out normally. This is OK.
- Select Dialer
- Select Always