One of the main features of the Home screen on the Troomi Parent Portal is the Location and Device information tiles.
Location or Map Tile
- The Location or Map tile shows the most recent GPS fix for the device
- You can zoom in/out on this tile for more or less detail
- Use Recenter Mapto locate the phone's most recently reported location on the map
- This will get the most recent position reported by the phone and center the map on that location if you scroll to a different place on the map
- It does not and cannot force the phone to do anything
The phone getting a location is dependent on a number of factors. Some of the most common are:
- The GPS process must be running
- The GPS services must not be suppressed by Android/Google
- The phone must be able to fix a satellite (this is sometimes difficult in large buildings for example), etc.
Device Info Tile
- This shows information reported by the phone
- Remain charge
- Strength of Cellular service
- Strength of Wi-Fi connection
- Device Model
- When the device last synced with the server
- The phone number
- You can also see the current plan and then change it using Edit Plan
- the current versions of the Troomi KidSmart® apps on the device.
- You can also quickly disable, or "ground", a phone from this screen
- Setting the Device Enabled switch to OFF will stop all features on the phone except emergency contacts
- Setting the Device Enabled switch to ON will return the phone to normal operation
*Note: this will not override other settings like time limitations. It only turns the phone on/off
Last 7 Days Usage Tile
This shows usage for today and the last 7 full days.